Tuesday 29 November 2011

A cup to your health!




The other day my husband made a surprising confession to me.  He said that for breakfast he had brewed some tea instead of our morning usual timmies (short nickname for Tim Hortons coffee).  Talk about something I had never expected to hear from him!  I mean I had never seen anybody drink as much coffee as he used to.

Coffee is huge in Canada, especially Tim Hortons coffee.  Although McCafé® is becoming more  and more popular.  But Canadians are also avid tea drinkers.  I read in Stats Canada that in 2008 Canadians consumed about 79 litres per person in a year.  That's a lot of tea!  It must be a combination of the British legacy and the large Chinese and Chinese descendant population.  It's great news though since tea has so many health benefits like helping you build stronger bones.  

If you want to know more about the health benefits you get from drinking tea read this article from Canadian Living magazine here.  I just know that when I am waiting outdoors for the train to take me home, it feels great to sip on a warm cup of tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on past posts and what you would like to see more of in future ones :-D